Tuesday, August 7, 2007

FRONT ROW TO THE SHOW

Tuesday, March 07, 2006
FRONT ROW TO THE SHOW 12/03/05

In all the years that I have gone to see BJ, I have never had front row seats. Ever! Until 12/03/05. While hawking ebayticketmaster, I stumbled across front row and third row seats! I called Ree and we went for it! I was never so damn excited in my life. We all met up at the show, hung out in the parking lot, on what I swear was the coldest damn night this year! I sold my eight row ticket, which Ree bought and gave to a girl from the boards, who just had a baby and could not have afforded it otherwise. So, alot of people were happy that night!

When we got in the Wachovia, I proudly out on my front row wrist band and stood my ground. It was the best. Surrounded by new friends and old, alike. I will never forget it. Now, this was THE first time I had ever been so close,

Finally, it was time. The lights went out, the screen dropped and they played the music to a song called Rock Superstar. It is one of those songs, that really pumps you up. It starts quiet and gets louder until you are just filled with anticipation for something you had waited for so long.

Then, from the back of the arena, there was the 'Last Man Standing'. IN the crowd, not on the stage. Best show ever!!!

Finally, he came to the stage and it was amazing to take in something, that I has always seen from a distance. Again, so close you could see the sweat. And he came over and sang right to me. One of my favorite songs on the new album. What a rush!

There were times I just stood there, just taking in such an amazing perfromance.

I will never forget it. And then the band did a time warp, and counted the years back, all the way to the 80's, and played one of the very first songs I ever heard. And it was the first time for me to hear it live.

Rock on!

ME>>>> ON THE JUMBOTRON!

Public - 7:21 PM - 2 eprops - 1 comment - edit it - email it


JENG AND HER LUCKY SHIRT
During the time of the Bon Jovi 2006 tour I entered trillions of contest for tickets, front row seats, etc. Well, as luck would have it, I won tickets for a ticket in OHIO. Umm. Guess I went a little too far with the contests! Anyway, I asked Ree what I should do. Believe me, I checked and a 7 hour drive was just not happening. So, Ree and I decided to give the tics to someone on the board from the area. We searched the board and came upon a single mom. She had to sell her tickets for the Ohio show, because she was a little down on her luck and her son's birthday was coming. So, I sent her an email and told her that I wanted her to have the tickets. Free. Just for her. There were 2. Thing was, the poor thing's car had also broke down. So, another good person from the board, offered to pick her up and take her. She was so excited and grateful, that it made me feel good, knowing I helped her get somewhere she really wanted to be, and she was still able to give her son his birthday, as well.

As a way of saying thank you, Jen mailed me a piece of her 'lucky shirt'. A shirt she had worn the very first time she had her pic taken with Jon Bon Jovi. Since the shirt is now out of style, she has cut it in pieces and distributes it to whoever she can, to pass on what she calls the Jovi Karma. LOL. You will understand the lucky shirt, when I post further stories.

No comments: