Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Katie Jean..Parts 1 and 2

Thursday, March 16, 2006
KATIE JEAN PT II
OK, picking up where we left off..that's right. The bathroom floor! LOL. Seriously, Katie was born on the bathroom floor, luckily, her dad was able to play a doctor pretty well under the circumstances!Although, it is fun too look back on, it was scary at the time. The funniest part of this whole story? Mom-mom Rose. She made it to the apartment minutes after Katie was born. While the attendants were getting my mom ready for the hospital ride, all I can remember is Mom-mom holding her, and me questioning why Katie's head was shaped like a cone, LOL! My sister, the conehead! Mom-mom was just perplexed as I was, and thought maybe it was because of the birthing process. (with her being born under strange conditions). Of course, I had to ask the ambulence attendance why her head was shaped so funny. Of course, they told me the truth. And of course, mom-mom and I just wanted to rub that baby's head right into shape! And every time I held her, I rubbed her head in circular motion. No baby sister cone head for me! And ya know what? Her head is perfect!I love you, Katie!You are the best sister anyone could ever hope for. And you can thank me for the great shape of your head!
Public - 7:15 PM - add eprops - add comments - edit it - email it
Katie Jean
Ok, this is one of the scariest, but now happiest moments of my entire life. The birth of my baby sister, Katie. This was not your average birth. I was 15 at the time. My mom was pregnant and decided she was in labor. Well, the hospital did not think so, and sent dear old Debbie (my mom) home. HUGE MISTAKE. She was groggy from the medication they gave her at the hospital. She had to go to the bathroom, and well, let's just say felt the urge to push. Low and behold, Katie was on her way! Can you picture it? A woman, 9 months pregnant, on the toilet, suddenly screaming that the baby was here? I know, traumatizing for a teenager, to say the least! We lived in an apartment at the time, and I had no clue what to do. So I ran upstairs to tell the neighbors. I have no idea why I did that, to this day! Katie's dad threw my mom's leg over the tub, and took over the role of the doctor. Scary stuff, here! I guess at some point, I came back into the apartment and called 911 to tell them that my mom was giving birth on the bathroom floor. I will have to continue this later. I am a working chic and have got to go back from lunch! The story gets better...

No comments: