Tuesday, August 7, 2007

CROSSROADS TAPING 8/10/05

ANOTHER Bon Jovi first for me. I joined the fan club and had the opportunity to go to a television taping. Another trip to NYC. This time to the Hammerstein Ballroom. When I came home and told Mike I wanted to go to NYC again, he looked at me like I feel and bumped my head. lol

He was okay with it, and Melissa and I took the day off and hiked it another 2 1/2 hours to the Big Apple. We had to be there early in the morning to get our free tickets, and we had alot of time to kill before we had to be back in line for the show.

This day was also special for me because I met a very good friend that day. Maria. She arrived by train, by herself from Philly. She loves herself some Jon Bon Jovi. This girl is a trip! I love her to death. I can't say that about too many people. She is my Jovi buddy to the end! lol.

Anyway, we got our tickets and headed down to grab some lunch and hang around with all the other women that were there to see the band perform with the country group, Sugarland. It was amazing to see all these other people that I had talked to from the website forums. To actually put names with their faces.

Well, it was time to go in and I was the only one there that had my special Jovi shirt with the album cover printed on the front of it. I had snagged the pic from a website, uploaded it and had it made online and shipped to me with the date of the video shoot printed across the back. It was a one of a kind. I am proud to say, out of all the people there, I was the only one with that kind of shirt. If I had a dime for every person that stopped and asked me where I got that shirt from...

Anyway, we were about 6th in line to get in. We had been standing in line for a few hours. When they announced that it was almost time to go in, I suddenly got sick. Literally thought I would toss my lunch right there. And, as my luck would have it, a TV camera, right behind me the whole time. I thought I would die of embarrassment. Finally, they let us in and man, was I never so happy to feel air condition in my life! I had to make a b-line for the bathroom. My one of a kind shirt was soaked with sweat. Oh, well, I brought an extra change of clothes with me. Always be prepared! Thank God for Melissa and Maria. Melissa took care of me in the bathroom, and Maria went and held our spots in front of the stage.

Finally, the band came out! Another awesome moment in my Jovi history. They rocked with the country band! The lead singer of Sugarland has an amazing voice and the show was unreal.

After the band was through, we all rushed the stage and tried toget autographs. Of course, Jon is quick and I could not get his. :(

BUT, I threw my one of a kind, now sweat soaked shirt up at the drummer and hit him in the head! lmao. He looked and was like, this yours. I laughed, shook my head yes and he signed it.

One signature down...three more to go.

At the top of the page is a screenshot of my hands from the TV show! I am thinking maybe I should have been a palmolive girl?

No comments: