Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Getting Engaged

Getting Engaged

I warned Mike, that if he was ever to ask me to marry him, to please not do it on a holiday. Tacky. Everyone does that. I wanted my proposal to be different. So, instead of the essential Valentine proposal, my baby did it the night before. February 13, 2005. Which also happens to be Mom-Mom's birthday. But, we will let that slide. He had not a clue. Besides, her birthday, made this engagement all the more special.

He took me to the place where we had our first 'real' dinner date. Fairhill Inn in Maryland. He tried to do the same thing he did when he first took me there, and tell me we were going to TGI Friday's. He is just a silly. He was acting strange all night. Maybe nerves. And trust me, this guy is always so calm and collected. Or, at least he is very good at hiding it! LOL.

We were in a room by ourselves. After dinner, he came around to my side of the table, did the traditional kneel and asked me to marry him. Guess what I said???
Duh, I screamed yes, yes, yes and yes!

I love my Michael with all my heart.

Now, the wedding planning begins.....

No comments: